SPEL 2016 Conference now open for bookings
Thursday 29th September 2016, COSLA Conference Centre, Edinburgh
The 25th SPEL Conference takes place against the background of continuing change and proposed reforms to the planning system as it is pressed to deliver more quickly and with fewer resources. As we await a White Paper from the Scottish Government in response to the Independent Planning Review report, the key challenges facing the economy and communities remain unchanged. There is still much to consider and debate, both within the framework of existing legislation, policy and guidance and in the context of an anticipated programme of reform.
Widely regarded as the leading annual planning and environmental law event in Scotland, The SPEL Conference attracts key speakers and senior figures from a range of backgrounds and affords the opportunity to engage in informed discussion and debate.
Join us for the 2016 conference
This year's programme includes:
- Delivering more housing - future directions
- The shift to a low carbon economy - where we are
- Infrastructure - a critical cornerstone
- Review of significant case law
- The Planning Review - delivering the gamechangers
Our confimed speakers this year include:
- Tammy Adams, Head of Planning, Homes for Scotland
- Denis Garrity, Advocate, Terra Firma Chambers
- John Hamilton, CEO, Winchburgh Developments Ltd
- Greg Lloyd, Emeritus Professor of Urban Planning, Ulster University
- Rebecca Lunn, Professor and Head of CGEEG, University of Strathclyde
- Ross Martin, Chief Executive, Scottish Council for Development and Industry
- Craig McLaren, Director of Scotland and Ireland, RTPI
- John McNairney, Chief Planner, Scottish Government
- Stephen O'Rourke, Advocate, Terra Firma Chambers
- Steve Rogers, Dumfries and Galloway Council
- Sara Thiam, Director, Institution of Civil Enngineers
We're pleased that James Findlay QC will be chairing the conference.
The full conference programme is available here.
Idox Information Service member: £140 (£168 incl.VAT)
Non-Idox Information Service member: £150 (£180 incl. VAT)
Price includes refreshments and networking lunch
Please complete the form below or call Christine Eccleson on 0141 574 1905 to book your place.
Idox plc gathers, holds and processes personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any personal data you supply will be used by Idox for the purpose of managing and organising this event and administering the Information Service. Your name and organisation will be included in the delegate list for this event. No data will be released to third parties.
Become a member
Unlock 40 years of policy, research and information by becoming a member. Just fill out the form on this page and we'll get back to you with details of rates for individuals and organisations.