SPEL 2017 Conference now open for bookings
Thursday 21st September 2017, COSLA Conference Centre, Edinburgh
The 26th SPEL Conference takes place in the run up to the publication of the Planning White Paper towards the end of the year. As we anticipate what a future planning system is going to look like, planning reform is not the only driver of change. The process of Brexit will also impact on planning.
Against this background, a number of high profile speakers will consider how change is likely to shape their various areas of expertise and its likely impact on planning in Scotland.
Widely regarded as the foremost annual planning law event in Scotland, the SPEL Conference attracts key speakers and senior figures from a range of backgrounds and affords the opportunity to engage in high level discussion and debate.
Join us for the 2017 conference
This year's programme includes:
- Environmental legislation post-Brexit
- Community Empowerment Act 2015 and Land Reform Act 2016
- The delivery of homes and infrastructure
- Review of significant case law
Our confimed speakers this year include:
- Professor David Adams, Ian Mactaggart Chair of Property & Urban Studies, University of Glasgow
- Dr John Boyle, Director, Research & Strategy, Rettie & Co
- Fraser Carlin, Head of Planning & Housing, Renfrewshire Council
- Greg Lloyd, Emeritus Professor of Urban Planning, Ulster University
- Ross Martin, former Chief Executive, Scottish Council for Development and Industry
- Pauline Mills, Land & Planning Director, Taylor Wimpey
- Mark Mohammed, Terra Firma Chambers
- Robert Sutherland, Terra Firma Chambers
- Alasdair Sutherland, Terra Firma Chambers
- Laura Tainsh, Partner, Davidson Chalmers
- Ian Turner, Community Empowerment Team Leader, Scottish Government
- Rt Hon. Brian Wilson, former UK Energy Minister; Chairman, Harris Tweeds Hebrides; UK Business Ambassador
We're pleased that Stuart Gale QC will be chairing the conference.
Idox Information Service member: £140 (£168 incl.VAT)
Non-Idox Information Service member: £150 (£180 incl. VAT)
Price includes refreshments and networking lunch
Please complete the form below or call Christine Eccleson on 03330 111484 to book your place.
The full programme is available here.
Idox plc gathers, holds and processes personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any personal data you supply will be used by Idox for the purpose of managing and organising this event and administering the Information Service. Your name and organisation will be included in the delegate list for this event. No data will be released to third parties.
Become a member
Unlock 40 years of policy, research and information by becoming a member. Just fill out the form on this page and we'll get back to you with details of rates for individuals and organisations.